Sunday 25 November 2012

Running forward.

I was checking the side view and saw the running was a bit like robot. I think the problems is the upper body move rigidity.
 
- The Chest need to bend back more in the pass position.
- Maybe the head moved too much.
- Arms were too rigidity. I just used shoulder controller and forgot about elbow and wrist controllers. It need inertialess move in the arms to make it look naturally.
And shoulder, hip need to reconsider.

So I fixed the problems and I think it's look better.


Running forward.
I was using Trax editor to make running cycle into clip so it's easy to manage and make a loop animation. In order to cycle the running I translate follow axis Z at first but the feet look like it drifts back a bit when it hits the ground, so I had to check every single frames and offset the global control to make sure when the feet hit the ground it's in the same location in every following frame. I just have to do it in 25 frames then using graph editor to make the cycle with offset. So the forward run looks great.



Here is the forward run test:


Trax Editor.
I used Digital-Tutors to learn about Trax Editor.

The advantage things of using Trax editor that I have learnt are:
- To control the speed of the animation.
- To make an animation loop.
- Helpful for blending between animations. In Trax editor I can blend any number of motion clips and also split, merge, trim, cut, copy, and paste motions.

No comments:

Post a Comment