Monday 19 November 2012

Running test - The top body.

It was really handy for using Graph Editor to set key for the following acts. 
In this situation I selected gravity controller, back controller and chest controller to set rotate key in order to give a forward lean to top body, then using graph editor to move curves like image below.
The reason of doing this is the acts is the same (moving forward) but it is not happened at exactly the same time, an act happened bring about the others, and their intensity are different.
One thing that I learnt from Digital Tutor's tutorial is make sure the move cycling from frame 1 to frame 25 if we want cycle the animation or make it to track clip. It means I have to add key at frame 1 and frame 25.

I found the most difficult thing when working with top body is the movement of shoulder and hip.

In Muybridge's the running man I can see that the hip twist follow the forward leg, the hip go down when the feet hit the ground. It happens obviously in the passing and the high position.
About the shoulder it seems depend on the move of arms. I add a bit rotate Y on scapula controllers to twist the shoulder close to the body when the arm moves forward and open when the arm moves backward.  

I put more sway up/down on the hip and I think it looks better.


No comments:

Post a Comment